BPSC Exam 2018 Eligibility
Before applying for the BPSC Preliminary examination, candidates must check if they fulfil the following eligibility criteria:
Educational Qualification (as on the last date of online submission of the application form)
Candidates should have completed graduation in any discipline or equivalent level of education from a recognised college or university. Candidates are required to fill the details of their degree while filling the application form.
Age Limit (as on 1st August 2018)
Lower/Minimum Age Limit
|Posts||Minimum Age Limit|
|Police Sub Inspector||20 years|
|Probation Officer, Rural Development Officer, Labour Enforcement Officer, Supply Inspector, Block SC & ST Welfare Officer||21 years|
|All other posts||22 years|
Upper/Maximum Age Limit
|Category||Maximum Age Limit|
|Unreserved Male||37 years|
|Unreserved Female/OBC||40 years|
|SC/ST (both male and female)||42 years|
Physical Fitness for Bihar Police Services
The following physical fitness criteria are mandatory for candidates who want to serve in the Bihar Police Services
|Physical measurements||For General Candidates (male)||SC/ST candidates||For Female Candidates|
|Chest (Without expansion)||32 inches||31 inches||Not applicable|
|Height||5 feet 5 inches||5 feet 3 inches||5 feet 2 inches|
BPSC Exam 2018 Application Process
Bihar Public Service Commission releases separate application forms for Preliminary and Main phases of the Civil Services examination. Candidates who qualify the preliminary phase are required to fill the application form for the Main phase, however; the optional subject for the Main examination has to be selected while filling the Preliminary form. Candidates are also required to submit the application fee for the Main exam. For now, here is the process for filling the BPSC CCE preliminary application form. The application process started on 3rd August and continued till 10th September. However, the registration process ended on 30th August. After 30th August, only the registered candidates were allowed to complete the application process.
Online Application Process for BPSC CCE Preliminary Exam
Candidates need to make sure that they have a valid and working email ID and mobile number before applying for the exam. Online application submission can be completed in three steps:
- Filling the Online Application Form
- Go to the BPSC website for online application – www.onlinnebpsc.bihar.gov.in
- Click on ‘ONLINE REGISTRATION’ tab.
- Click on the ‘Apply online’ button in front of the post you want to apply
- Enter the details asked for and check them carefully before hitting the ‘Submit’ button.
- On successful registration, a registration ID and password will be generated.
- The online payment link will become active on the next day of the registration after 11 AM. Click on the ‘Online Payment’ link to make fee payment.
- Application Fee –
|For General/OBC (Bihar and all categories of other states)||₹ 600/-|
|For SC/ST/PH/Female (only Bihar domicile candidates)||₹ 150/-|
Filling the BPSC Exam Online Application Form
- After successful submission of the application fee, the application form link will become active on the next day after 11 AM.
- Click on the ‘Application Form’ button.
- You will see the information you have provided at the time of registration. Fill-in the other details to complete the form.
- Upload the scanned images of your photograph, signature (in Hindi and English). The scanned images should be in JPG/JPEG format and should not be more than 15 KB (signature) and 25 KB (photograph) in size.
- Click on ‘Preview’ button and check all the details carefully. Make changes if required. Please make sure that all the details provided are correct before final submission.
- ‘Submit’ the application form.
- After successful submission, again log-in to the Dashboard and click on ‘Download Filled Application’ tab. Please make sure that all the pages of the completed application form have Registration Number, Bar Code, and Submitted Application Number. If not, the application would not be considered.
There is no information on the BPSC PCS Main examination application process till now. As soon as any official information releases, it will be updated here.
BPSC Civil Services Admit Card 2018
The admit cards for the Preliminary phase examination are made available on the official website on 28thNovember. The same can be downloaded till 14th December 2018. Check out steps to download the BPSC Civil Services Prelim Admit Card.
- Visit the Official Website
- Click on the link for BPSC CCE Preliminary Admit Card 2018
- You will be redirected to the candidate’s login page. Enter your username/registration ID, password and the captcha code. Submit the details.
- The admit card will appear on the screen.
- Check all the details and download your Admit Card
- Take a print out.
Note: Admit card is a mandatory document for making entry to the examination hall. Candidates are advised to keep their admit cards with great care till the declaration of the result.
BPSC Civil Services Result 2018
BPSC will declare the result after the Preliminary exam as well as the Main exam. Those who qualify the preliminary exam will be eligible for the Main exam. The list of candidates who will qualify the Main exam will be called for the interview session. The final merit list will be prepared on the basis of candidate’s performance in the Main Examination and the Interview round. The BPSC Civil Services result 2018 will be released on the official website.
Frequent Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: When will be the application form for the CCE 2018 release?
A: The application forms for the CCE 2018 preliminary exam were released on 3rd August 2018. There is no announcement related to the Main exam application form.
Q: What is the last date for CCE Preliminary registration?
A: 30th August 2018.
Q: What is the last date for CCE Preliminary application form submission?
A: 10th September 2018.
Q: What is the educational qualification required for this exam?
A: A Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognised university.
Q: I am a 40 years old SC category candidate. Am I eligible for this exam?
A: Yes, you are eligible for this exam as the upper age limit is for SC/ST candidates is 42 years.
Q: I am a 38 years old general category female candidate. Can I apply for the BPSC Pre Exam 2018?
A: Yes, you can apply for this exam as the upper age limit for female candidates is 40 years.
Q: What is the application fee for candidates from other states?
A: The application fee for candidates from other states is ₹ 600. The same fee is charged from all category candidates from states other than Bihar.