[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Prime Minister Narendra Modi on January 13, 2019 released a commemorative silver coin of Rs 350 and stamp on Tenth Sikh Guru, Guru Gobind Singh Ji to mark his 352nd birth anniversary.
Former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, former Chief Justice of India JS Khehar and several Sikh leaders were also present at the event.
The birth anniversary of the Guru Gobind Singh was also celebrated as Prakashotsava at Patna Sahib, Bihar. The main function was organised at Takhat Sri Harmandir Sahib Gurdwara, Patna Sahib, the birth place of Guru Gobind Singh.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi himself attended the 350th birth anniversary celebrations of Guru Gobind Singh Ji in Patna on January 5, 2017.
Guru Gobind Singh Ji
• Guru Gobind Singh was the tenth and last of the human Gurus of Sikhism.
• He became Guru at the age of 9 in 1675 after the martyrdom of his father Guru Tegh Bahadur, the ninth Guru.
• In 1699, Guru Gobind Singh laid the foundation of Khalsa Sect.
• He introduced the 5Ks, of the Khalsa: Kesh (uncut hair), Kangha (wooden comb), Kara (iron or steel bracelet worn on the wrist), Kirpan (sword or dagger) and Kacchera (short breeches).
• He played a vital role in moulding the Sikh religion into its present shape with the completion of the sacred scripture, the Guru Granth Sahib.
• He declared Guru Granth Sahib as the next and perpetual Guru of the Sikhs before leaving his mortal body in 1708.
• Guru Gobind Singh ji was a great warrior, philosopher poet and guru.
• He fought against oppression and injustice. His teachings focused on breaking the barriers of religion and caste.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]